Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Grand Tour

I am back, tired but happy, from my whirlwind winery tour this weekend. KeeKee and the Silver Fox joined me in visiting 11 wineries this weekend. Stay tuned for lots of features from our trip. Some snippets:

-Tasting notes for all 11 wineries
-A head to head blackberry wine competition
-A head to head port competition
-Are locally grown grapes making headway?
-Wineries that elated us and wineries that disappointed us

All of this and more. The season is just heating up. On Saturday, don't forget the Indiana Wine Fair in Story (more on that later this week). Life is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and can't wait to see which wineries are in the list of 11.

Anonymous said...

11 in one weekend? Can you say "toasted tastebuds"?

wow!

Charles said...

No, not tasted tastebuds, thankfully. I spit, plus this was over a period of three days, and we saw a maximum of four wineries a day. Pretty good pace.

I'll write more later.

Lauren said...

Hey do you know of any shuttle services for the wineries near bloomington?