Monday, August 3, 2009

Howard Hewitt's Ohio River Trip

It's been three months since I took my winery trip, and I still haven't finished writing about it. Fellow Hoosier wine blogger Howard over at Grape Sense-A Glass Half Full writes about his the next day. Show off!

He visited six wineries, including a few new ones and gives great descriptions. Check it out, parts I and II!

Howard also brings up a dilemma that comes up when one tastes wine-what do when something tastes off? Do you move on and not say anything or do you mention it? Myself, I play it by ear. Some pourers seem receptive to that sort of questioning, while others might bristle. It does get especially complicated when the pourer is the winemaker. It can be even more intimidating when someone is new to wine and isn't sure if there is something off with the wine or if they are really supposed to be tasting (and presumably enjoying) those off notes.

Anyway, thanks for the great review, Howard!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the wine tastes off, say something! I have people occasionally THINK it tatses off, but it does not. Sometimes it does taste off and I replace the bottle.

Speak Up!

Howard Hewitt said...

Thanks for the posting! I appreciate it. I should say I spent 20-plus years in newspaper business, so turning things around quickly is second nature. I do have other wine-related material which is aging nicely that hasn't been written yet!

Jeff Lopez said...

When it comes to the finer things in life lke wine or great Cuban cigars, taste is all that matters. You can have the best cigars and discern the taste. Alternatively, you can look at cites online. Whatever the case, Cuban cigars are the best!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, great post!

expensive wine

private wine tasting said...

Hi, where I can visit the link for part I and pat II?

Anonymous said...

Awesome post, thank you for sharing!
www.excavationdoneright.com/excavation-indianapolis