Sunday, November 16, 2008

Coming up this week

Winter has seemingly come early to Indiana. It was the perfect weekend to put a hot pot of something on the stove, and bundle up with a hot plate, a good book, and a great glass of wine. I managed to do two of those three, but work commitments meant I couldn't get around to reading a book this weekend.

Saturday, KeeKee and I did manage to visit Buck Creek Winery. The staff was very friendly, in fact, one of the friendliest I have encountered in a winery. I will write more on my tasting notes when I get a chance. I have also made arrangements with owner Jeff Durm for a tentative interview. If my paying job doesn't preclude it, I hope to do that this week.

I also have a few things to follow up on from my upcoming topics feature from last week and will hopefully find the time to manage that as well.

Finally, I was shopping for groceries last night and noticed a bottle of Oliver's Sky Dog wine on sale for $5. Having heard a little bit about this wine from others, I decided to spend the minimal amount to taste the brand for myself. I ended up trying the red variety, and will give a short report on that wine as well.

Until then, enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments: