Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lastinger Wine Review on Brown County Red Raspberry

I'm here in sunny Florida, whiling away a few hours outside while everyone else takes a nap. In the meantime, click this link to read Stacy's take on Brown County Winery's Red Raspberry over on The Lastinger Wine Review.

I have never tasted this particular wine from Brown County, but I agree generally with Stacy's observations. I love a good blackberry wine, but for some reason almost always find myself disappointed when it comes to raspberry. Windy Knoll down in Vincennes and Mallow Run south of Indy are two notable exceptions.

Another problem I have with fruit wines is finishing the bottle, even with a great fruit wine. I have no problem drinking a glass, and even can usually want a glass the second night, but find it difficult to finish the whole bottle. I don't have this issue with most varieties of grape wine. That is why I usually just bring fruit wines to dinner parties.

Stacy, great review! When I am back, I will try to figure out how to actually cross-post, instead of merely linking your review. Also great to see you writing about wine on a more regular basis.

1 comment:

Stacy Disarrayed said...

Thanks! I'm trying to keep up a more regular schedule. It's not always...actually...it's not usually Indiana wines but I have plenty I can do and quite a collection of bottles left to open!

Thanks for the link!